Nexicom is a leading Communications service provider in Central Ontario. We provide the latest technology...with a neighbourly touch. We're big enough to provide top-quality service, and small enough to give the one-on-one attention that big city providers can't match. We are currently seeking a: Security Systems Technician.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Installation, maintenance and repair of security systems, alarm devices and related equipment for Nexicom Business and Residential customers. They will be responsible for demonstrating to customers and co-workers the security system, use of product and causes of false alarms. The candidate will also be required to read plans, study work orders, building plans and installation manuals in order to determine materials required and installation procedures. There will be consultation with clients to assess risks and to determine security requirements. The job entails driving throughout assigned geographic areas and reports directly to the Manager of Plant Operations.
- College diploma specializing in Security System Installation or equivalent experience
- Experienced in Business Alarms and Camera Systems (Analog and IP Cameras)
- Honeywell and DSC experience and asset
- Ability to move and handle heavy loads (ladders, cable reels, test sets)
- Valid drivers license (Class G) with clean driving record
- Knowledge in safe operations of equipment
- Commitment to delivery of superior customer service and the ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
**Only those selected for an interview will be contacted**
Please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@nexicomgroup.net by 4:00 pm May 11, 2018.