Updated January, 2021
Attention valued Nexicom customers,
At Nexicom, the health and welfare of our community, and our family of employees is of the utmost importance.
Nexicom continues to support social distancing with the closure of our storefronts until further notice. In addition, we have taken the appropriate steps to facilitate our staff to work from home whenever possible.
At this time, we would like to take this opportunity to highlight some key points:
- Though our stores and offices will be closed to the public, we are still available to you for any inquiries you may have or technical support you may need. Our Customer Service & Help Desk teams will continue to be accessible to you via phone at (705) 775-6394, and email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to support you as required. We are continuing business as usual with a few modifications to do our part in protecting both our employees and the public.
- We are 100% committed to serving our customers and will do our utmost to support you in your residential and business Internet, Television, Telephone, and Security needs. You will continue to be able to access all of your services, including SmartHub. https://nexicom.smarthub.coop/Login.html
- To help you connect to Covid-19 related news, as well as to provide entertainment for your viewing pleasure we are currently offering numerous free preview channels for you to enjoy. For a full list of all channels please visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/nexicom/ or our website at www.nexicom.net.
- We understand many people rely on the Internet to get their information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. To ensure you can stay connected we have already increased our Internet bandwidth capacity in the communities we serve, and will continue to monitor and increase as needed.
- Our technicians are now entering homes and businesses if our customers pass the pre-screening questions, and proper distancing and appropriate PPE will be worn.
- For hardware pick up, return or exchange, you can do so at our Millbrook office located at 5 King St. We have set up a drop/pick up area to respect social distancing as the office is closed to the public. Be sure to attach a piece of paper with your name and address so we can adjust your account. If you are unable to get to Millbrook, we can make arrangements to ship it to you.
- This is an excellent opportunity to utilize our e-billing and online payment options. As our stores and offices remain to be closed to the public until further notice, it will not be possible to pay your bill in-person. You can eliminate the need for face-to-face contact when receiving and paying bills by choosing e-billing and paying online. This can be done via your own online banking or by setting up Pre-Authorized Payments. You can find more information about how to set up a Nexicom E-Billing account via SmartHub or by calling our friendly, local Customer Service team at (705) 775-6394.
- All upcoming Nexicom events are postponed until further notice. We consider the interests of all customers and stakeholders in every decision and are confident that the choice to reschedule our events for the future is in everyone’s best interest.
- You can continue to expect to hear from us as soon as updates become available. We believe in consistent and honest communication built on a foundation of integrity and respect and we will continue to do everything in our power to ensure that you are kept in the loop as the situation evolves.
We understand that these decisions may cause inconveniences and we apologize for that. In over 120 years of operation, Nexicom has faced numerous challenges, but this situation is unique. As such, we are in uncharted territory and are committed to doing everything we can to minimize the impact to you our valued customer.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this challenging time in our communities, both locally and globally.
A big thank you to our employees, who continue to work long and hard to ensure that we are in the best position we can possibly be to manage the impact of COVID-19 in our communities. We are proud to have such dedicated, caring people working at Nexicom.
We look forward to connecting with you face-to-face again one day soon.
Until then, take care of yourselves and of each other.
Best regards, for a safe, healthy and happy 2021
President, Nexicom Inc.